Senior Specialist, Accounts Payable
As a dynamic, global business we’ve got a lot of payments to make – and we like to make them promptly. Accounts Payable is the team on top of every one. Dedicated to accurate, compliant and timely service, we keep a keen eye on all kinds of key transactions. Vendors, customers and team members rely on our unseen but vital work every day. We’re involved in seamlessly processing invoices and expense reports for approval, matching reports to verify proper payment, as well as researching any unpaid or incorrectly paid invoices. We also create and maintain a host of records, not to mention, control reports along the way.
Join us as a Senior Accounting Specialist on our Accounts Payable team in Bayan Lepas, Penang to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Accounting Specialist your main responsibility will be to sort, date, code and enter incoming documents into the accounts payable system to ensure timely and accurate payment to vendors, customers or team members. Furthermore, you will support and coach junior team members with their daily work.
- Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of invoice processing into the system. Supports Withholding Tax and VAT tax invoice processing and filling
- Supports Non-Production inquiries within the stipulated SLA. Performs invoice discrepancy resolution and drive root cause analysis to drive reduction of inquiry volume
- Performs proper record retention and maintain the record retention system. Demonstrates good controllership and adherence to AP policies
- Delivers on key AP metrics and goals. Liaise with cross regional counterparts on issue resolution
- Drives and supports AP and corporate interlock projects. Initiates and drives process improvements ideas
- Assists with system integration and testing
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology
- 3years relevant experience on related field
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment, possesses the ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining priorities;
- A fast learner with strong analytical skills and able to make a well-reasoned decision
- Knowledge in Withholding Tax and GST will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in ARIBA and Oracle R12 will be an added advantage
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 August 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.