Financial Accounting Controller
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Dynamic environment
- Professional development (opportunity for ACCA and CIMA), and Exposure to global counterparts
- Insights to Morgan Stanley's businesses and departments
- Great company culture supporting long-term career goals and work-life balance
- Coordinate with local controllers and support Business Units to ensure correct book-keeping
- Monitor, analyze and advise on the Firm's books and records, and maintain a strong controlling framework and governance process
- Prepare ad-hoc and regular analyses and deliver insightful information to key stakeholders and management on financial performance
- Prepare Balance Sheet and P&L account reconciliations for internal and external audit purposes
- Identify development opportunities and implement enhancements; Look for ways of improving the efficiency, process and data quality, test and support implementation of improvement initiatives
- Involvement in ad-hoc / global projects, optimization of current processes and standardization of processes across regions
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or Business related discipline
- Min. 3-5 years of accounting or financial reporting related work experience
- Accuracy, attention to detail, good organization skills
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proactive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Team Profile: Global Corporate Controllers department is responsible for Morgan Stanley's financial records, ensuring that the assets and liabilities of the Firm are properly controlled, and providing accurate and timely financial information both to senior management and externally to statutory and regulatory bodies. The Budapest team is a vital part of the global operations, representing more than 80% of the team globally.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.