Be an integral part of the Finance Global Development Center Knowledge and Policy Management team at BNY Mellon. Supports the execution of the Corporate Policies Framework across the Finance Organization. Assists the Finance Policy Manager and the Finance First Line of Defense team in Finance Policy publication, Finance Policy administration. Educate the Finance users on the Policy Publication, train/resolve queries of users in the process of publishing the Finance policies to the Corporate Policies tool. Works closely with the Policy Governance Office (PGO) to ensure that the Finance policies are published in a timely manner. Any user issues are discussed with the PGO and resolved. Tracks policies coming due for annual review, report and escalate overdue/coming due policies to users, senior management. Supports the Finance Policy Manager in ensuring the Policy Projects are on track. Establish tracking mechanism to report key deliverables to Finance Senior Management.
Responsible for administration and maintenance of the Finance Desktop Procedures tool (Finance Document Review System - DRS). Support the users in uploading procedure documents to the DRS, grant access to Finance users, internal auditors for review purposes. Resolve user queries. Liaise with the DRS developers to resolve any user issues, new enhancement in the tool, migration projects etc. Tracks procedures coming due for annual review as per the Finance policy, report and escalate overdue/coming due procedure documents to users, senior management.
Supports operations risk initiative programs: audit support, user developed technology review, access management etc. Manages complex projects that involve working with the businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies. Demonstrates ability to develop and implement strategy and process improvement/transformational initiatives. Provides a “no surprise” environment by understanding the importance of transparent communication with senior management and direct manager. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. 10 plus years of experience in accounting or finance.
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Communications and organization skills; strong teamwork skills preferred; possess strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Proficiency with SAP, PeopleSoft or other relative ERP/ accounting tools.
- Self-starter – Should drive change on their own with minimal direction needed
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and reading comprehension skills preferred.
- Strong ability to understand and see the big picture and the details preferred.
- Experience in writing policy documents preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.