IED, EMEA Equities Client Business Analytics Team, Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities.
The Firm’s equity Sales & Trading operations provide liquidity, distribute content, and create product solutions to help our clients generate alpha.
The European Client & Business Analytics Team report into the European COO for Distribution
The team works directly with senior IED European and Global Morgan Stanley decision-makers and execute strategic client business initiatives to strengthen the firm’s leadership position in global financial services
This role reports to the Head of CBA for EMEA Equities. The person will work closely with all members of the Global CBA Team and EMEA COO Team. As well as; EMEA Distribution Coverage (across Cash, Derivatives and Prime Brokerage), EMEA IED Distribution management team, including Head of Desks & Country, plus our colleagues in Finance.
The role requires a keen interest in our client strategy within the equities business, as well as strong analytical and communication skills. We are looking for a highly motivated, detailed orientated individual as this role encompasses a large range of responsibilities across our IED Client Strategy.
- Lead analytical ownership for the accounts within their assigned client segment or country
- Lead the evaluation and analysis of client and product data to create intelligent insight on trends
- Provide mechanisms to identify and prioritize new business opportunities with our clients
- Drive accountability and ownership across Distribution for the execution of Client Opportunities and Action Plans
- Help facilitate cross-firm communication and coverage on top S&T accounts
- Support the Head of EMEA CBA
Front to back knowledge of IED’s Client Strategy for the clients under their responsibility:
- Lead the organization and preparation of the internal client reviews, working closely with the account captain and product coverage teams. Creating accountability through post meeting summaries and action items;
- Lead the organization and day-to-day of internal, thematic and regional reviews, including the engagement with product coverage teams. Creating accountability through post meeting summaries and action items;
- Lead the review and tracking of client product opportunities and action plans;
- Lead the analysis of data & trends for assigned clients, verticals and countries. Evacuate and integrate data to create intelligence and insights around trends across client and product;
- Support Account Captains and Distribution Heads at external Client Broker Reviews for Advisory and Execution, summarizing meeting notes and action items;
- Lead the Forensics Meetings with Advisory Sales to review resourcing vs revenues, client tiering, key touchpoints, client product opportunities, broker vote traction and any other relevant metrics;
- Knowledge of client performance trends within external competitive benchmarking surveys;
- Global engagement with regional CBA team to support Global Distribution Management initiatives and alignment on best practices
- Support the design and preparation of management distribution off-sites
Strong and innovative analytical & problem solving skills
Excellent communication skills, verbal and presentations
- Excellent knowledge of excel and powerpoint required
- Lateral and inquisitive dynamic thinker
- Experience in project / time management, working to tight deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Confident, self-starter, assertive and energetic, people orientated
- Troubleshooting mindset with strong attention to detail
- Strong interest in Equities
- Appetite to learn
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employeesFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.