Officer - Controller
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Chartered Accountant (CA) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/MBA-Finance with 8-10 years of progressive experience in R2R areas with major financial institutions
- Extensive practical experience and knowledge of the US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards for the above areas, experience with other accounting standards (German, etc.) is a plus
- In depth knowledge of Derivatives and Hedging ASC815, Offsetting of Amounts Related to Certain Contracts FIN39, Accounting
- In-depth knowledge of the Derivatives, Long Term Debt and Preferred Stocks.
- Understanding of international regulatory landscape, experience with statutory accounting/reporting groups across several major international geographies.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing, procedures and strong internal controls.
- Experience working with muti-geographical processes process
- Extensive experience performing day-to-day accounting operations, month-end and quarter-end activities for the above areas of accounting
- Experience with R2R (record-to-report) centralized processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase ,Oracle Financials
- Knowledge of Spotfire, Cognos data analytics and visualization (or similar) a plus
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
- Excellent communication skills, prior experience of interacting with multiple stakeholders (Legal Entity and Geography controllers) in NA, EMEA, APAC
- Independent decision-making capabilities
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong analytical ability to analyze and summarize financial transactions related to the products supported
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment