Financial Accountant - FAAS
The Grant Thornton FAAS department is a specialist team who primarily service complex large scale and Multinational Companies (MNCs), focusing on being a centralised point of contact for their global requirements. Our experienced and multicultural teams are experts in areas of Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions (GCRS) and Audit and Accounting Advisory (AAA) – both operating through our Centre of Excellence in Ireland, Effective Financial Reporting (EFR), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Global Payroll Solutions (GPS).
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- complex clients and group structures;
- technically demanding;
- driving efficiency and change;
- looking for value;
- want a single point of contact ;
- sophisticated procurement processes; and
- often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team and thrives in a varied role working across different clients. It involves working closely with Partners and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our multinational client base.
The candidate should be experienced in delivering projects such as:
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure accurate and complete performance of month end and quarter end tasks.
- Preparation and Review specified monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and follow up & resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Assist with ad hoc financial analysis and queries
- Support with local statutory and tax requirements
- Provide support for the financial statement close process
- Involvement in transitions, assisting with the on-shoring or off-shoring of finance related processes
- Process documentation, redesign and implementation in relation to processes including Order to Cash (OTC), Procure to Pay (P2P), Record to Report (R2R)
- Stakeholder engagement, building strong relationships with client representatives
- Promoting FAAS both internally and externally.
Individual’s experience, skills and attributes
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 1 - 2 years’ experience in a role which can demonstrate the experience required to achieve the above responsibilities, either in a professional services or industry environment.
- Specific experience of having been part of large scale finance projects in a multinational environment.
- A self-starter with an ability to work on their own initiative, but knowing when to seek assistance and work collaboratively.
- Mature and confident person with excellent interpersonal skills, particularly communication skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for a new challenge.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.