Assistant Financial Controller
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Financial Controller to join our team on a 12 month fixed term contract - maternity cover. The successful candidate will be based at our CORE office in Coleshill - B46 1DL.
As Assistant Financial Controller you'll carry out financial and administrative processes which underpin the provision of timely and accurate management information to support financial management within the project in accordance with the BBV procedures.
What you'll be doing
- Carry out administrative processes relating to control, reporting, accruals and prepayments
- Monitor and control project financial transactions and records
- Prepare monthly balance sheet with month end and ad hoc reconciliations as appropriate and review of all ledgers
- Process partner recharges, timely, effectively and accurately
- Maintain Asset Register
- Participate to Cashflow Forecast
- Process sales invoices as required
- Perform other duties for the Sublot Director or the Finance Director as required and requested
- Be proactive in identifying weak signals and leading indicators of potential issues on the project
- Perform other related duties for the Financial Controller as required
Who we're looking for
- Experience of working at an administrative level within a large and complex accounting environment
- Technical knowledge of accounting routines
- Good attention to detail, a disciplined and organised approach to work and the ability to handle and work with complex data
- MS Office packages including Excel
- Able to work and thrive in a busy construction site led environment
- Good communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Construction related accounting experience
- Experience of Oracle
- ACCA qualified or equivalent is desired.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.