GCR Assistant Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
In this role you will work with multinational businesses that require compliance & payroll services around the world which are project managed by the Global Compliance & Reporting, GCR team in Reading and Belfast. It also requires an understanding of accounting and bookkeeping processes and an ability to converse with in-house finance teams. Your primary responsibility is to assist the managers & directors in managing the GCR team on a day-to-day basis. This will include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collections within the firm’s criteria.
- Support the Managers, Directors and Partners building sustainable external and internal client relationships.
- Support the managers in work with bid teams and be involved with client presentations
- Participating in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Assisting managers and directors to manage client assignments, which include determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, supporting junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to manager and director escalation.
- Leading implementations and project start ups progressing to business as usual
- Acting as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the manager and director. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Managing a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collections
- Sharing knowledge within the team and facilitate research and personal development
- Capturing client feedback and ensure it is addressed and effectively communicated to the GCR team.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Project management experience in financial/accounting field an advantage
- IFRS and or/US GAAP knowledge useful
- Prince2 or equivalent qualification may be useful
- Other languages beneficial
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.