Group Systems Accountant
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
We're looking for a Group Systems Accountant to join the Group Financial Control team to support the maintenance and development of the group finance systems with a focus on SAP. The team has a number of key initiatives and projects within SAP which is why we're recruiting for an initial 12-month fixed-term contract to support these key business projects.
Key responsibilities in this role:
- Maintain and develop the SAP Group chart of accounting manual including the change management and governance model whilst understanding the downstream activities and the implications on the chart and other Group Finance systems
- Support the transition to the SAP Group chart of accounts for the banners
- Support the data migration to and from SAP via the maintenance of mapping tables
- Help develop and upskill the team by transfer of systems knowledge and relevant training
- Coordinating and reviewing new requirements and change requests whilst assisting with the design and implementation of new systems
Skills required to deliver in this role:
- Qualified accountant
- Good operational experience in SAP
- Ability to drive and implement initiatives, ensuring accounting and reporting implications are probably reviewed, understood and where possible resolved
- Able to establish excellent working relationships with key colleagues across other head office departments, the banners and the Finance Shared Service Centre
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!