International Tax Manager
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
We’re recruiting for a forward-thinking International Tax Manager to join our Group Tax function based in Paddington. In this newly created role, you’ll take a lead in International Tax advisory work across the Group and have an active role in the tax considerations for potential M&A transactions. We’re looking for you to be a visible representative for Tax across the business and be the key point of contact on international tax matters for internal colleagues and external partners.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Leading the international tax considerations for Group-wide business initiatives and cross-border projects
- Planning and analysis for corporate structuring projects including financing and forex management considerations
- Identify Group structure simplification opportunities including legal entity rationalisation
- Monitoring cross-border tax issues and leading any mitigation actions
- Lead tax advisory works across the Group including liaising with our advisers to resolve tax issues
- Collaborating closely with Legal, Treasury, Company Secretarial and Group Reporting teams regarding the tax impact of proposed transactions
- Provide support to the Head of Transfer Pricing in respect of the transfer pricing considerations of Group initiatives
Skills required to deliver in this role:
- Recognised professional tax and / or accounting qualification
- International tax experience gained from working in an advisory firm or in industry
- Technically up to date and aware of the industry and legislative changes
- Transfer pricing experience would be beneficial
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to drive and implement projects
- Experience of working in a complex environment across multiple teams
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!