International VAT Manager
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
We’re recruiting for an inventive International VAT Manager for our Group Tax Function based in Paddington, London. Reporting to the Head of International Tax & Tax Reporting you’ll be responsible for taking a lead role in managing indirect tax across Kingfisher, which will require you to work closely with our retail banner teams (B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama etc) as well as business units with centralised operating models.
In this newly built position, you will be tasked with successfully delivering business initiatives by addressing indirect tax implications, managing indirect tax risk and being a representative for Tax across the business and with tax advisers.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Lead the indirect tax considerations for Group-wide business initiatives and projects
- Identify and address potential areas of indirect tax risk and opportunities
- Drive the development and implementation of efficient VAT and indirect tax reporting processes and systems across Banner tax teams including the operation and improvement of VAT control frameworks
- Facilitate the sharing of indirect taxes standard methodology across the Banner tax teams and the transaction processing teams in Kingfisher Global Business Services
- Work with Banner tax teams, Kingfisher Group Technology and external providers to identify and implement automation solutions for indirect tax compliance processes
- Provide development and support on indirect tax matters for the Banner tax teams including the indirect tax implications of business decisions
- Support the successful resolution of indirect tax audits across the Kingfisher footprint
Skills required to deliver in this role:
- Recognised professional tax and / or accounting qualification
- Indirect tax experience gained from working in an advisory firm or in industry
- Technically up to date and aware of the industry and legislative changes
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to drive and implement projects
- Experience of working in a complex environment across multiple teams
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!