R-671308 Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP
In this role you must
- Understand accounting treatment of private equity capital calls and distributions.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and post journal entries.
- Review and prepare client and investment manager correspondence.
- Work on initiatives to enhance our processes and systems.
- Navigate a high volume of internal and external communication to manage workflow and deadlines.
- Support the annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms.
- Use your understanding of limited partnership agreements to guide decision making and ensure compliance.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel.
- Be responsible for identifying and escalating any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity.
- Supervise and mentor colleagues at the associate levels.
- Manage client relationships with both client personnel and investment managers.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- An ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure, and handle multiple assignments
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- At least 5 to 6 years of Fund Accounting experience, including 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with private equity in particular and alternative investments generally. Derivatives knowledge is a plus.
- Experience using Investran highly desirable
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.