Technical Assistant Manager
Due to continued growth, the Professional Standards team is now recruiting for a Technical Assistant Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your accounting, financial reporting and auditing knowledge in a supporting role, that enables great development; both personally and professionally. Working within the ‘Risk, Compliance & Professional Standards’ department, you will be responsible for providing support to the Technical Manager/Director on a variety of topics. This is an ideal opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge, increase your experience of the wider role of financial reporting and auditing, and to work in a highly visible internal role in the firm as it progresses and grows.
Duties and responsibilities
- assisting the Technical Manager/Director with the provision of technical support to staff in areas of IFRS, UK/Irish GAAP (FRS 101/102/105), Company, Insurance, Banking, Funds, etc. legislation and regulations, and Auditing Standards, where queries arise;
- completion of detailed hot/cold reviews on IFRS, UK/Irish GAAP, US GAAP financial statements, including audit reports, for technical accuracy and compliance in line with relevant legislation, regulations and financial reporting and auditing standards to continue to improve the quality of financial statements produced;
- developing and updating guidance for Audit & Assurance teams on technical and Financial Services matters;
- assistance with the organisation, development of content and the delivery of technical training;
- provide ad-hoc technical support to other departments and clients where required;
- provide assistance to risk and compliance functions as and when required, to include preparation for regulatory reviews and assistance with regulatory returns; and
- work on one-off and recurring projects as and when required.
Required skills and experience
- ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified;
- strong technical accounting skills and an interest in IFRS and Irish/UK GAAP;
- experience in Financial Services Financial Reporting and Audit, e.g. Banking, Insurance, Funds, SPVs, preferable;
- must be highly motivated with an ability to take ownership for themselves and eager to learn;
- excellent attention to detail;
- strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills; and
- excellent team player.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.