Who we are looking for
The Senior General Ledger (GL) Accountant will be a highly visible position within the CRD accounting organization, reporting to the Assistant controller. This person is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, integrity and timely reporting of certain financial data for all of the company’s month end close requirements. The Senior GL Accountant will become a subject matter expert in CRD accounting systems and process. You will collaborate with subject matter experts, technical teams and key stakeholders across the business to ensure that the delivered solutions match internal and external requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The right person will allow the CRD accounting team to focus on automation of manual processing, elimination of process waste, bespoke and fragmented processing as well as workload productivity
What you will be responsible for
- Serve as Concur admin (T&E system) and user setup up/reporting/integrations
- Month end accrual preparation and review
- Prepare monthly capitalization accounting entries
- Manage 3rd party royalties by preparing quarterly report to be distributed to vendors as well as provide accrual to JV teams
- Review and ensure Fixed Assets capitalization process is complete and accurate
- Assist with statutory annual audits
- Process various Treasury functions, such as monitoring bank activities, sending intercompany funding as needed, process customer refunds, and miscellaneous AP payments
- Assist with sales and use tax preparation and compliance
- Balance sheet reconciliations (Bank recs, intercompany, and others)
- Work closely with FP&A to ensure actual vs budget results are complete and accurate
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good understanding of general ledger accounting and other business systems. Working knowledge of month end close process steps
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate, and collaborate across business and technical teams
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically with a focus on achieving outcomes
- Experience with detailed mapping and transaction transformation requirements
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as Staff Accountant
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to providing quality work in a timely manner
- Experience with MS Dynamics (Great Plains)
- Working knowledge of SaaS industry
- MS Office Products
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.