SAP Business One System Accountant
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Systems Accountant will be responsible for supporting the project to implement SAP Business One across the BS&O stream. Working closely with the implementation and client engagement teams, it will provide support, administration and development of the SAP Business One system, as well as driving continuous improvement to the system and underpinning business processes so that they are efficient, effective and meet business requirements.
It includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design and development of the core SAP solution – including the design and creation of fit-for-purpose system and process templates for each industry / sector that we operate in
- Work closely with client engagement teams as part of ongoing SAP implementation / deployment and:
- understand their system and process requirements
- complete a gap analysis of these requirements vs core SAP template
- drive standardisation - work with them to illustrate how the core SAP template can meet these requirements
- identify change requests needed where the core template needs to be tailored in order to meet exceptional / bespoke client requirements
- support client engagement team in relation to process queries and facilitate any resolutions as required
- Champion standardisation and process improvement across the business stream.
- Where SAP is being implemented in global entities, work with local BDO offices to confirm understanding of their requirements and ensure the system is configured to meet them.
- Perform tests to ensure specific configuration performs in line with requirements and to validate controls as required.
- Maintain oversight of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) & end-to-end scenario testing – ensuring completeness and sufficiency of coverage & approval of the outcomes. Support client engagement teams with any issues identified.
- Support the writing of testing scripts where required.
- Lead the population of data migration templates - including collation and cleansing of all required master data and transactional data.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Demonstrable experience of
- supporting and maintaining SAP Business One as a Systems Accountant or similar
- undertaking process design, data migration and user acceptance testing
- system implementation and business change projects / programmes
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
- Resilient, ambitious and driven with experience working in fast-paced and dynamic businesses
- Ability to summarise and bring clarity to problems presented
- Strong data analytical skills, including expertise with MS Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels and influence senior management/directors and wider stakeholders.
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.