Consultant, Unit Registry / Transfer Agency
Who we are
Our core principles of service, expertise and integrity have guided us from our start as a Chicago bank in 1889 to our position as a multi-faceted global financial services provider. Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.
Our focus on employee work/life balance, diversity, career mobility and unique opportunities are among the reasons we’ve been named one of America's Best Large Employers and recognized as an employer of choice around the world
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
What you will do
Reporting to the Head of Australian Transfer Agency you will assist with the oversight and management of the outsourced provider of unit registry / transfer agency services ensuring SLA and key client deliverables are met in a timely and accurate manner. In addition, you will act as a SME assisting client and internal stakeholders with support and query resolution. This will involve managing complex unit registry / transfer agency projects such as strategic change management, new business transitions, process change and regulatory compliance.
You will be expected to keep abreast of emerging industry trends and maintain regular contact with peers internal and external to firm, including regulators and professional organizations.
In addition to the above you will:
- Assist with the governance and oversight of the outsourced registry provider
- Act as a liaison between the outsourced registry provider and internal and external stakeholders
- Be responsible for leading the unit registry stream during client transitions
- Coordinate deliverables during peak processing periods (i.e. financial year end)
- Participate in industry working groups
- Utilise your past experience to identify potential risks in operational processes
- Strong client service focus
- 8+ years’ experience working in or closely with a unit registry / transfer agent with exposure to wholesale and retail funds
- Strong understanding of the regulatory requirements of a unit registry
- Excellent at written and verbal communication
- Able to develop internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently
As of March 31, 2021, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $14.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $11.5 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.4 trillion in assets under management
- $164 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.