Middle Office Operations Supervisor, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Supervision of the teams responsible for trade processing and confirmation of client’s trades, error reporting and resolution.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for
What you will be responsible for
As Middle Office Operations Supervisor, Senior Associate you will
Monitoring of Trade File Processing:
- Ensuring all trade files transmitted by the Fund daily on trade-date are processed by the team.
Trade Confirmation and Trade Reporting:
- Monitor and assist in the confirmation of complex OTC trades executed via MTM and DTCC platforms for EMEA, US and APAC markets. This will involve working closely with clients and brokers to resolve intraday trade alleges and breaks in proactive and timely manner on trade date.
Trade Exports/Settlement Instructions
- Ensure the onward transmission of trade details received from the Fund. Resolve, report and escalate any trade export problems.
- Overview of daily reconciliation breaks and ensure all breaks are followed up in the hub locations (Poland) and escalated to Ireland team/client if necessary for your resolution assistance.
- Ensure pricing for portfolio securities daily from third party pricing sources approved by the Fund.
- Participate in various middle office projects to enhance our client experience and create continued process efficiencies.
Overseeing teams in the Poland Office
- Monitoring teams to ensure our client coverage within our teams in Poland is achieved to a high standard. Working with Poland teams to ensure escalation, issue resolution and control gaps are resolved and that all issues are escalated to the Ireland team in a proactive manner.
- Ensure daily checklist is complete and verify end of day process is completed.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
- State Street Employee Handbook
- Internal Procedures Manual
- Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
What we value
Specific Qualifications/ Skills:
- Highly numerat
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very good English
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Team player with attention to Details
- IT Literate
Education & Preferred Qualification
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree)
Previous Level Of Experience:
- Knowledge of some/all of the following products:
- Derivatives (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc), Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.