Commercial Finance Analyst
This would be a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual who wants career development and progression, as our client is offering unrivalled commercial experience, full study support for CIMA or ACCA, and the opportunity to progress further within the business.
Our client is a c. £100 million turnover manufacturing business that is part of a large Group of companies.
As Commercial Finance Analyst, you will be reporting into a Qualified Accountant and will be working closely with the Head of Finance, Commercial team and Purchasing team. This role is extremely varied, but is heavily focused upon analysing data to produce meaningful information, which you will communicate and present to non-finance stakeholders within the business and eternal customers. Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- supporting the Commercial team with price file maintenance (quarterly, six monthly or annual basis) across various currencies and collation of price for the key customers
- assisting with the local roll up of the site material costs into the related finished products
- providing daily, weekly and monthly revenue and gross margin analysis for reporting actuals each month and any variances against budget/forecasts
- assisting in the calculation of revenue and gross margin budgets, plans and forecast
- assisting the Head of Finance to deliver Group Reporting requirements in full and on time
- assisting the Head of Finance with the annual external audit requirement for revenue and sales reporting
- reconciling R&D project income and associated costs for the key group customer
- responsibility for fixed asset and capex spend for the site in line with group reporting
- supporting with monthly overhead reporting, including accruals/prepayments and budgeting / forecasting
To apply for this role you must:
- Have some experience of working in finance, but finance graduates without experience will be considered if you meet the other requirements.
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Have good Excel skills i.e. V Look Ups and Pivot tables as a minimum
- Be a very confident communicator, as this role will involve a lot of communication with senior key stakeholders, where you will be required the build strong working relationships and challenge decision making.
Experience of working in a similar role in a manufacturing environment would be highly advantageous, but this is not essential.
This is a permanent opportunity and our client is offering:
- A salary between £22,000 and £30,000 (this is dependent upon experience)
- Full study support for CIMA or ACCA
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 37.5 hour working week, with flexible working hours
- Career progression
- An office based role
- Free on site parking