- Prepare tax computations to meet various internal deadlines.
- Review tax provision and tax related disclosure in the financial statements.
- Liaise with tax authorities for the tax installment scheme/set off of tax credit/refunds/appeal on penalty etc. Coordinate with accountants on tax payment deadline.
- Attend to any tax issues raised by the tax authorities on the desk audit/finalization of assessment and to coordinate with accountants for the required information.
- Follow up with tax authorities for finalizing outstanding tax issues.
- Communicate with accountant for tax information, tax reconciliation and supporting details for group tax compliance.
- Coordinate with tax agents for timely tax returns and computation, review and ensure correctness of the tax returns before filing.
- Attend to queries from accountants on tax issues.
- Advise accountant on the tax incentives available and to assist in the application for tax incentives.
- Attend to matters related to Real Property Gains Tax and foreign tax filing.
- May perform ad-hoc assignment /duties as required (e.g. assist managers in research, tax treatment and restructuring exercise.
Job Specification - Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Professional qualification in accountancy/tax/ degree holder from recognized university/currently pursuing professional qualification.
- Possess good analytical and communication skills in English and Malay.
- Minimum 2-3 years of corporate tax related work experience.
- Team player and have good inter-personal skills