Sr. Payroll Specialist / Payroll Specialist
Sr. Payroll Specialist/Payroll Specialist
About the Role:
Through this position, we are actively seeking for a strong payroll professional with a proven track in payroll administration and tax compliance. Our ideal candidate will be someone, who is passionate, a self-starter, self-motivated, and is a good team player. This role will report directly to the Payroll Manager/Supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and timely processing and reporting of all payroll processes and all subsequent responsibilities.
- Process Termination Final payments and all other off-cycle payment runs.
- Ensure accurate processing of Expat/Inpat reportable Earnings and benefits.
- Perform validations of payroll inputs, Interfaces/data, down-stream reports, and interfaces that includes but not limited to GL Postings, Accruals, third-party payments, and Net Payments.
- Attend to queries and requests from key stakeholders within HR, Comp & Benefits, HRIS, IT, Legal, Accounting and Finance and HR business partners.
- Work on the year-end processes to ensure system updates and annual balancing of earnings and taxes for accurate and timely issuance of year-end tax forms and filings.
- Support all requests from external and internal tax audit teams.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of payroll related journal entries including various accruals such as Commissions, Vacations, Payroll Labor cost etc.
- Respond to requests and queries from GL, Corp Accounting and other BU Finance Analysts and respond to payroll related queries on a timely basis.
- Attend to all escalations, issues from internal and external customers on a timely basis.
- Recommends and participates in the development of new procedures and policies related to payroll operations and process improvement initiatives and key projects.
- Provide accurate data for our mission critical metrics and SLAs for our operations.
- Support Payroll Finance MPO in SOX compliance audits internal and externally.
- Manage and support ad-hoc reporting, relevant information and presentations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned but not limited to above.
- Degree in accounting or equivalent degree qualification
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of applications, such as excel, word, power-point.
- Knowledge in SAP is an added advantage
- A general understanding of accounting principles and practices is desired.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of payroll experience.
- Strong Interpersonal, Analytical, Attention to Detail and Effective communication skills are required.