Manager, Private Equity
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of a Manager role in the EMEA Center of Excellence (CoE) Private Debt Loan Administration Services Team. Our team provides loan portfolio administration Services to our Private Debt Fund clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
- Has responsibility for the development and execution of the department’s strategic plans, goals and priorities.
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality service to each of the clients assigned to them.
- Oversee the Division in the annual targets of the business including the automation of the Loan Administration platform, VPM.
- Assisting the team where necessary in liaising with clients and external auditors.
- Managing the team to ensure agreed client service levels are met.
- Ensures the team’s Loan portfolios are issued accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Communicates effectively with clients and associated parties on loan portfolio activities.
- Ensures that operating arrangements are clearly established on inception of a fund in respect of the loan portfolio administration services.
- Ensures that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
LOAN PORTFOLIO ADMINISTRATION
- Ensure all deliverables are met including the preparation of monthly / quarterly loan portfolio statements for Private Debt Funds together with the completion of consolidated loan portfolio statements for complex cross-border structures on VPM.
- Support the New Business Manager in Liaising with new clients to determine fund structures and level of detail required to support the loan portfolio administration services.
- Manages the collection of relevant information to facilitate production of the loan portfolio.
- Manages the team to ensure loan portfolios are issued accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Taking a lead role in managing clients and external auditors in relation to the loan portfolio where necessary.
- Ensures agreed client service levels are met.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Holds a recognised Professional Accounting Qualification with a number of years post QE experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAAP/US GAAP and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain a comprehensive knowledge of Private Debt Loan Administration Services.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel and Word
- A track record of excellent attention to detail
- A track record in optimising system use and automating processes where possible
- Provision of focused quality client service
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Willingness to support the team with daily BAU where necessary to supporting the wider Alternatives team.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.