We are recruiting for a Tax Trainee to work in our Tax team at our Central London office. This position would suit school and college leavers who are looking to start their career within the accountancy field.
This personal tax junior role will be reporting to the Tax Manager and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients, providing support to supervisors and managers. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client's behalf.
As the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for skilled individuals to join to the team, who are enthusiastic about using the latest technology to work efficiently and to deliver excellent client service.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Tax Trainee role is offering competitive salary, study support of ATT which we will fund for you to study and a full study package including time off to study, attending college and completing online courses and a mentor who will support you throughout to successfully completing your professional qualification.
The Tax Trainee duties will be:
- Preparing personal tax returns
- Preparing papers for outsourcing
- Reviewing returns that have been outsourced
- Dealing with correspondence with client and HMRC as part of the personal tax review process
- Employer compliance including the preparation of P11ds
- Ad hoc administrative duties as needed by the Tax Manager
- Working to budgets
- Monitor chargeability on a weekly basis
- Some work experience in an accounting or financial role is desirable
- Looking to study ATT
- Minimum GSCE Maths and English Language both at grade B (Level 6) or above
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (based on the new UCAS tariff)
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage workload
- Good IT skills including use of Excel
- Team Player
- Approachability and availability
- Honesty and integrity
If you are keen to secure a progressive Tax Trainee role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment any agency fee.