Senior Manager Collections Finance
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities. Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
The Senior Manager Collections Finance is a key role within RBS distribution finance supporting the Collections business unit and its leadership team (LT).
The Collections business unit principally assists customers in making repayments on their secured and unsecured loans. The business has circa 1,200 staff including frontline agents, specialised repayment experts, risk, strategy and operational support.
Critical to the success of the role is building strong trusted relationships with the business and its LT, providing insight and influencing effective financial decision making. This role not only impacts the expense base of the retail bank but also the loan impairment of the bank (LIE) and will involve working closely with the central RBS expense function.
Do work that matters
The role would include but is not limited to:
- The ownership and delivery of Finance insights that are relevant and enable commercial enhancements to the business
- Strong connectivity and partnering with the Workforce planning team and Data Analytics team to enable/ optimise the provision of data to support deep dives and insight
- Leverage internal relationships across business units and functions to stay connected to the commercial agenda and ensure that insights/ deep dives provided are pro-active, on-point and thought provoking
- Establishing/attending the necessary forums to facilitate sound internal dialog regarding opportunities to continually enhance outputs
- Embedded within the role is the provision of some support on Financial Control objectives across the team. In particular control process and efficiency initiatives.
- Leadership and development of direct report
- Preparation and presentation of outputs/ conclusions as required
- Other ad hoc reviews/ deep dives into business/ financial performance as required
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- CA/CPA qualified
- 8+ years large corporate, financial services experience
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables and deadlines without supervision
- High degree of problem solving and analytical ability
- Capability to synthesise large volumes of data in order to draw out simple and succinct insights that can support better business conversations and outcomes
- Proven ability to manage and present to stakeholders
- Very strong report-writing skills and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the Financial Services preferred but not a prerequisite
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge through curiosity and thirst for learning
- Leading and developing a finance professional within the team
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 10/08/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.