Senior Analyst, Financial Analysis
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Advisor, Financial Analysis on our Finance team in Penang.
World-leading approaches in finance are fundamental to our success. Our Financial Analysis team has a broad and important responsibility. We rely on our analysts to develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for planning and control. Their technical analysis of present and future financial performance informs all kinds of management decisions and strategies. And their research has an impact on everything from acquisitions and investments to customer deals, working capital requirements and forecasting.
You will report directly to Asia Pacific Japan(APJ) Financial Planning & Analysis(FP&A) Manager with strong dotted line to Global Dell Outlet (GDO) lead. You will be providing support to the business unit GMs and Finance directors located in all regions (Americas, EMEA, APJ) with strong focus on APJ & EMEA region.
This role will own the GDO (Global Dell Outlet) Profit & Loss (PnL) including forecasting, planning (outlook) and close as well as any value added project and analytics necessary in order to drive this fast growing business.
- Help business to find opportunities to save and efficiently use resources and control over WW GDO PnL - Forecasting, Outlooking and Close process (with primary focus on Operating Expense)
- Develop and maintain good and efficient relationships with Central Team as well as all relevant stakeholders
- Participate actively in forecasting discussions, offer guidance, drive process improvement and perform monthly close analysis of actuals to forecast and outlook
- Provide correct, up-to-date and timely financial data to business owners in user-friendly format
- Interact within FP&A team also on other financial data and become reliable partner within Finance department
- Support FP&A and the business in other finance requests
- Self-starter, team player, have demonstrated success working cross functionally and have the ability to work in a complex global environment.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office Programs (especially Excel), and the ability to learn new software tools quickly a must. Experience with Hyperion and databases a plus
- Must be able to interact efficiently in an international environment
- Structured approach to the process and ability to meet given deadlines
- Ability to analyses large amounts of information and present simply to finance and non-finance personnel
- Ability to link financial and no financial information together to draw insightful conclusions
- Degree in Business, Finance or related fields.
- 3+ years’ experience in FP&A with exposure to P&L. RUM / FDM experience a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the analytical acumen to influence significant decisions across a global business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.