We are currently recruiting for a Payroll Supervisor to join our Kreston Reeves team in Worthing.
At Kreston Reeves, our purpose is to guide our clients, our colleagues, and our communities to a brighter future. Our purpose is rooted in our values, and our values define who we are, what we stand for, and how we behave.
We help dynamic businesses, charity and not-for-profit organisations, private individuals, and families with much more than just accountancy and financial advice. We get to know and understand your needs, and our people’s dedication to providing a personal service sets us apart from the competition.
Firm Culture and Benefits
It’s often said that it’s the people you work with that make a job special. At Kreston Reeves, we really believe that’s true. With 200 years of history behind us, we’re long-standing employers in the Kent, Sussex and London communities. Our reputation is upheld by our people, who make it stronger every day. We live our values, creating a culture so our people can thrive.
We’re proud to support our people; from hybrid working, offering a better work/life balance, to engaging in conversations around mental health and wellbeing - we want all our people to feel valued and appreciated.
But we don’t stop there - we take an active role in giving back to our communities, with our Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme, Kreston Reeves Foundation charity and paid volunteer days, so our people can support the charitable causes closest to their hearts.
We offer a huge range of benefits - you can find out more here. Our people are our greatest asset, so if you think we’re the right fit for you, read on to find out more about the role.
As Payroll Supervisor you will need a high knowledge of payroll, have strong organisational skills, attention to detail, good time management ability, strong work ethic and excellent communications skills. Due to the nature of the role, you must also be able to demonstrate that you are able to adhere to the strictest security and confidential arrangements and always ensure the integrity of employee and company data and systems. Have experience in supervising staff, organising & distribution of work.
The objectives of the role
- Supporting the Payroll Manager and working with the Supervisors of the Team to enhance the service of over 1000 clients for whom Kreston Reeves undertake the payrolls.
- Provide ad hoc support for the Supervisor undertaking the Firm’s internal payroll for over 500 personnel.
- Professional Qualification in Payroll services
- Experience of client payroll services
- Knowledge and recent usage of RTI and Auto enrolment legislations
- Sound knowledge of PAYE and National Insurance legislation
- Experience of operating a BACS system
- Exposure to EMEA payroll schemes would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Iris Payroll Professional software would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability of supporting junior members of staff
- Excellent inter-personnel skills as the job will involve inter-acting with both staff and clients. Demonstrated strictest adherence to security and confidentiality
- Be able to operate on their own without direct supervision from the Payroll Manager
- Capability of meeting deadlines
- Ability to travel between Kreston Reeves’s offices as required
Knowledge of furlough and CJRS claims
- GCSEs A*-C
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Accurate and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic, prepared to invest your time and effort
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to proactively ask for help where needed
- Payroll Bureau experience
- Iris Payroll Professional experience
- Xero payroll experience
- CIPP Payroll Technician Certificate or equivalent
- CIPD HR qualification
- A Levels grade A-C
Kreston Reeves will not accept CVs unless The Recruitment Team has instructed you to work on a position.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.