Financial Service Lead
Kerry Global Business Services (GBS) is an integral enabler of Kerry’s vision to be our Customer’s most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition.
There are five key elements of our success:
- We are a key enabler for Kerry’s vision – we enable the business, by making it easier for everyone to deliver, to allow a focus on commercial excellence.
- We focus on continuous excellence – we apply continuous excellence to everything we do, eliminating waste and optimising our services across functions.
- We purposefully manage and develop talent – we attract and nurture talent to deliver innovative, digital business solutions and services.
- We are anchored in our operating model – through our scalable platform, we support Kerry’s strategic growth objectives.
- We win together as true partners – we unlock value by providing best in class solutions and services across all of Kerry.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
Accountable for the day-to-day service delivery and performance of Finance services in their Center. Lead the Finance Services team in the Center. Partner across Finance and the business to ensure integration with and alignment to the global Finance vision and strategy. Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all Financial transactions and data under the GBS remit. Drive the day-to-day execution of Finance Services for the Regions and Kerry. Foster a working environment that values critical thinking and problem solving, and encourages challenging the status quo through the role modelling & application of continuous excellence practices to drive the simplification, optimisation, standardisation of defined finance processes to create more transparency and global consistency in the Center. Maintain a sharp focus on control and accuracy with a Financial Control mind-set. Leverage technologies, to drive service optimisation keeping risk, controls and experience front of mind. Build a skilled team of specialists, by establishing positive and productive working relationships and inspiring trust through character and respect to deliver solutions and services at scale in accordance to risk and control standards.
- Manage headcount, budgets and long-term projections for the Finance Services team in the Center. Manage costs to achieve year-on-year efficiency savings, understand cost drivers
- Own service delivery performance and service optimisation opportunities for all agreed Finance Services in the Center (covering O2C, P2P, RtoR Ops PM&A).
- Accountable for delivery and accuracy of results. Ensure service delivery and performance is as per SPA Service Partnership Agreements. Follow service and performance standards, measures and goals that have been set out by the Global Finance Services Lead
- Understand the importance and prioritisation of key KPI’s to ensure consistent delivery
- Ensure group finance policies and procedures are adhered to and appropriate controls are closely monitored and complied with
- Manage and lead the delivery of year end audits regionally
- Coordinate the process across areas including Operations Finance, Commercial Finance, Tax, and Treasury, and provide necessary data and information as required by external Auditors.
- Drive the integration and stabilisation of the transition in the Center in line with GBS ambition
- Accountable to the QRO Center Head and Global Functional Services Lead for setting team goals, conducting team performance and reward reviews and managing talent
- Establish and maintain effective communication and cooperation across key functional teams in the Center to ensure alignment on service and other strategic issues.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or an accounting qualification
- Green Belt certified is a plus
- Experienced professional with minimum of 15 years exposure in Finance/ Shared Services environment in a senior position
- Deep Finance knowledge and experience to manage complex escalations and decision making
- Strong operational experience of running medium to large regional operations
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Financial Services within a Global Business Services function
- Solution oriented individual who resolves issues leveraging their knowledge and network (not reliant on process documents)
- Successful customer service track record or a customer experience background
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and decision making capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of Lean thinking, operational excellence, change management
- Experience of leading agile teams providing continuous iterative improvements and project solutions
- Ability to work in an unstructured work environment; tolerate uncertainty and ambiguity; and maintain effectiveness during high-pressure times
- Proven problem solving, governance and process driven approach
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.