We are currently recruiting for a Payroll Controller to join Kreston Reeves.
At Kreston Reeves, our purpose is to guide our clients, our colleagues and our communities to a brighter future. Our purpose is rooted in our values, and our values define who we are, what we stand for, and how we behave.
We help dynamic businesses, charity and not-for-profit organisations, private individuals and families with much more than just accountancy and financial advice. We get to know and understand your needs, and our people’s dedication to providing a personal service sets us apart from the competition.
We’re now looking for a trusted and experienced Business Services Controller to join our team.
Firm Culture and Benefits
It’s often said that it’s the people you work with that make a job special. At Kreston Reeves, we really believe that’s true. With 200 years of history behind us, we’re long-standing employers in the Kent, Sussex and London communities. Our reputation is upheld by our people, who make it stronger every day. We live our values, creating a culture so our people can thrive.
We’re proud to support our people; from hybrid working, offering a better work/life balance, to engaging in conversations around mental health and wellbeing – we want all our people to feel valued and appreciated.
But we don’t stop there – we take an active role in giving back to our communities, with our Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme, Kreston Reeves Foundation charity and paid volunteer days, so our people can support the charitable causes closest to their hearts.
We offer a huge range of benefits - you can find out more here. Our people are our greatest asset, so if you think we’re the right fit for you, read on to find out more about the role.
As Payroll Controller you will have strong organisational skills, attention to detail, good time management ability, strong work ethic and excellent communications skills. Due to the nature of the role, you must also be able to demonstrate that you are able to adhere to the strictest security and confidential arrangements and always ensure the integrity of employee and company data and systems.
The objectives of the role
To provide accurate payroll services by agreed deadlines to over 1,200 clients across multiple industry types and sizes. There will be ample opportunity to support internal and client projects which drive efficiencies and value. There is an expectation that all members of the Payroll team build trusted relationships with our clients and take accountability for their work.
- Manage the payroll processing tasks by agreed deadlines
- Process P45s
- Complete data entry of starters, leavers and changes to the relevant client payroll
- Manage basic salary calculations
- Proactively communicate with clients to understand their requirements and ensure all information is provided for processing payrolls
- Update and process a range of payment reports
- Accurately complete weekly timesheets
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Admin tasks as required
- Support other team members with work where capacity issues require this
- Support client billing processes as required
- Support communication of new legislation to clients and ensure any queries are managed (passing to relevant team member or service line where required)
- Adhere to Payroll team KPIs
- Occasionally there will be a need to travel between offices
- GCSEs A*-C
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Accurate and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic, prepared to invest your time and effort
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to proactively ask for help where needed
- Payroll Bureau experience
- Iris Star Payroll Professional experience
- Xero payroll experience
- CIPP Payroll Technician Certificate or equivalent
- CIPD HR qualification
- A Levels grade A-C
Kreston Reeves will not accept CVs unless The Recruitment Team has instructed you to work on a position.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.