Treasury Accounting Manager
GlaxoSmithKline Healthcare is looking for a highly experienced Treasury Accounting Manager to join our rapidly growing Group External Reporting and Accounting team. This is a unique opportunity to join us in a newly created role as we separate the GSK Consumer Healthcare division from the wider GSK Group as an independent business.
The Treasury Accounting Manager leads a small team, supports the Director of Treasury Accounting and sits in the Treasury Accounting team, within the External Reporting and Specialist Accounting Team. The role holder will deputise the Director of Treasury Accounting when required. This is a high-profile role with the key primary responsibility to perform/manage all accounting and reporting for the Group’s main capital-raising entities. This role also involves the preparation of the KPIs for the Treasury Accounting team. Stakeholders include Corporate Treasury, Group Finance, auditors and senior management.
This role is an ideal opportunity to continue to build on previous treasury and finance experience while gaining knowledge about the Treasury function and how the Group’s activities are managed and accounted for within the various finance entities.
In addition to the above, the role will also include the following:
- Prepare and post all required month end journals for the finance/bond entities. Journals to be raised in accounting systems. Preparation of trial balance.
- Maintenance and preparation of accounting data for month end.
- Prepare, review and comment on all control files to support trial balance.
- Perform full reconciliations on balance sheet accounts providing commentary and movement analysis.
- Upload trial balance into consolidation platform and perform controls.
- Produce year end statutory accounts in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Ensure an effective control environment is maintained with controls carried out within deadlines.
- As part of this team, you will provide financial support for certain key deliverables and operate as a subject matter expert to provide support, assistance and guidance to the business as needed.
- Become a SAP Business Objects Analysis for Office (“AO”) Champion by maintaining and enhancing the Treasury Accounting team’s SAP suite of reports and be a representative in the AO Community of Practice to share knowledge, understanding and support across Corporate groups using the tool.
- Continually reviewing processes and systems to identify improvements and opportunities, simplifying and automating where appropriate.
- Experience in audit highly desirable.
- Over 5 years of experience in finance.
- University Degree in Finance, Accountancy, Business or ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA certificate.
- Experience of working within a Finance function.
- Corporate treasury and/or treasury accounting highly desirable.
- Exposure to foreign exchange contracts.
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- A strong control focus is essential.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
In addition to the above, the following skills and capabilities would help you to succeed in this role:
- Communication skills: Must be able to communicate confidently and effectively (verbal and written) within the team and also with people in a range of disciplines from external auditors and other functions within the Group which may have varying levels of knowledge and understanding of Treasury’s activities.
- Ability to work across boundaries: Stakeholders may be based in different locations around the world or within other functions within the Group.
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple activities in parallel: The role covers a few projects and activities with particular focus on meeting key reporting deadlines and delivering results.
- Being a brilliant manager to your team: taking full ownership of the team management with a "no task is too small" approach.
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Teambuilding events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.