An opportunity to use your finance skills to work for a well established charity as a Finance Manager. Charity experience would be useful, but more important for this role is the desire to really make a difference and empathy with and passion for the values and aims of the charity.
A well established Leeds based charity.
As Finance Manager you will work in a small team and successfully deliver all aspects of Finance required by the charity, as well as providing support to other department heads. Key areas of delivery include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, including reforecasts with balance sheet and fund reconciliations.
- Preparation of the draft year end statutory accounts in accordance with the Charities SORP; liaison with the auditors; completion of final accounts for publication.
- Preparation of annual budgets including supporting budget holders with their individual budget submissions.
- Oversight and management of the main nominal ledger.
- Review and authorisation of supplier payments and payroll.
- Daily management of cash flow requirements.
- Management of investment holdings.
- Management and supervision of the Finance Team (4 full time equivalent members)
The successful candidate will have experience of using their accountancy skills to work with a range of stakeholders, at both a strategic and operational level
You will be fully qualified ( ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
You will ideally have experience as a Finance Manager of covering all aspects of finance from transactional tasks up to strategic decision making within a large and complex organisation or charity.
c£38,000 - £42,000 depending upon experience
Central location in Leeds, but with a view that the work will be balanced between working from home and in the office of around a 40/60 split