We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- To support the integration and implementation of global standard processes, merger & acquisition into the region
- Effectively support process improvement in the Order to Cash area in line with deliverables and manage all stakeholders to ensure deliverables are communicated effectively.
- Effectively support the Order to Cash function in delivery of services to BASF group companies.
- Ensure services are delivered in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies.
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Assist to implement solutions in line with the BASF, Global Business Services and BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre strategy.
- Support the development and implementation of new business practices and processes in compliance with BASF Group requirements.
- Ensure policies, processes and business practices comply with and are maintained in accordance to BASF group and regional standards.
- Engage with the project owners/ leads, local companies and relevant functional units / work streams to ensure that project solutions are adopted, implemented, and maintained appropriately.
- Support in communication of project deliverables to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed on progress and issues/resolutions.
- Support or conduct training / workshop in project and process solution implementations
- Provide process knowledge and support in troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Act as a backup for Expert as and when required
- Backup assist with and perform Order to Cash tasks of delivery team when required.
- Perform other duties as and when delegated, including job rotation to other functional teams
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries
- Governance role to ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and meet with Internal Control Framework on timely basis
- Ensure compliance to BASF policies & guidelines, Financial Reporting Compliance requirements, local company legal and statutory requirements
- Contribute and support the Senior Manager and Managers in the implementation of project initiatives e.g. Continuous Improvements, Technology Enhancement, Internal Control, Six Sigma, Scorecard etc.
- Support Order to Cash delivery teams through sharing of knowledge and experience and best practices
- Such other tasks as BSSCKL management and changing business environment may require to be performed
- Support team strategic plan and objectives
- Support the Order to Cash delivery teams to deliver services within defined service levels
- Ensure customer queries are attended to and resolved in a timely, responsible and proactive manner
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Assist to identify, recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve service delivery excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Identify best practices or solutions within and outside of Order to Cash team.
- Support Global Business Services (GBS) and Regional initiatives
- Assist and support standardization across regions and globally by focusing on alignment of end to end business process areas, system and tools.
- Assist in improving productivity of Order to Cash by conducting relevant benchmarking exercise and monitoring through Key Performance indexes.
Planning and Controlling:
- Support to manage costs within project budget expenditure guidelines.
- Assist to plan and monitor project resources / man days
- Support business requirement / variation from global / regional process, preparation of business case and escalation to relevant global/regional functional units.
- Support regional and BSSCKL Change Management.
- Support in defining functional specification for project implementation
- Assist to provide guidance as well as proactive consulting for optimization of process.
- Assist to ensure effective knowledge transfer as for sustainable development of knowledge within the team
- Assist to provide operational and strategic support in designing, implementation and continuous improvement of Order to Cash internal functional training to maximise learning process based on current and future business needs.
- Assist to develop, maintain and update a set of comprehensive and complete training materials of Order to Cash internal functional training.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to understand service delivery information and technical knowledge and keep up to date on changes that may impact the training content and training delivery.
- Conduct functional training in accordance with established training structure
- Establish a knowledge database of work problems encountered and steps for resolution to facilitate continuous learning, development and cross sharing of knowledge throughout Order to Cash team.
- Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer; and sharing of best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition
Global / Regional Application Coordination:
- Support communication with Global / Regional Application Owner
- Assist to establish training needs, organize and conduct trainings on global / regional applications
- Assist in designing first level support and train users accordingly
- Data quality monitoring and improvement
Professional guidance / multiple reporting lines:
- Provide guidance and support to the designated Order to Cash team
- Assist managers in providing feedback and reinforcement to team members regarding development needs and opportunities, and secure resources to support development efforts
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping team members feel valued, appreciated, and aware of business performance issues.
- Follow BASF Group guidelines, accounting and reporting guidelines
- Understand and follow local regulation and statutory requirements
- Assume Expert’s role in the absence of Expert
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group:
- Counterparts and/or relevant stakeholders in BASF companies, internal auditors and the other BSSCKL functional teams
- Managers, Senior Managers, Analysts and peer team members
- Service Centre management team
- Global/Regional Order to Cash functional units
- Global Business Services team / Project Management team
Frequent cooperation outside BASF Group:
- Work closely with external consultants, auditors etc.
Degree of Supervision Required in the job:
- Works with minimal supervision
- University degree in accounting or business administration.
- Chartered, Certified or Certified Professional Accountant or equivalent.
- Internal delivery experience in BASF.
- More than 5 years experiences in Order to Cash or other accounting function including 2 years specialized in or have strong knowledge in Customer Credit Risk Management processes.
- Experience working in an SAP environment.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of:
- Order to Cash and other accounting functions.
- SAP system or other ERP system.
- Knowledge and experience of MS office tools
- Proficiency in English and other language required with good communication skill.
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage.
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.