Controls Design Senior Analyst
The role of Financial Controls Design Advisor is part of Financial Controls Design & Deploy (FCDD) Team in Shell SBO Krakow Finance Operations. This position will primarily focus on, but will not be limited to, projects related to end-to-end risk & control framework in the Reporting and Analysis workstream.
FCDD Team provides advisory and deep professional expertise on controls design & deploy to Finance Process Owners, Process VPs and Business stakeholders to ensure that controls are effective and fit-for-purpose by:
- Performing risk assessment of projects driven e.g. by process, business, technology, regulation changes etc.;
- Design & deploy of new or changed controls, including assessment of IT & digital elements of controls;
- Providing support to migrations, business changes or other projects which impact control framework;
- Supporting Finance Processes during the annual SOX attestation process;
- Supporting Finance Processes during internal and external audits and remediation of ineffective controls.
This global position will give the successful candidate opportunity to collaborate with Process Owners & Architects, Process and Business stakeholders who own financial control framework. Working on the assigned projects, this position will contribute to ensuring that Royal Dutch Shell maintains an effective financial control framework, including technical & digital elements of controls. It will also provide the opportunity for visibility across end-to-end processes, and the prospect to drive forward and influence changes of global control framework.
- Working with the relevant Process Owner organisation and various business stakeholders, the Financial Controls Design Advisor will deliver assigned projects related to control framework design changes driven e.g. by process or system changes / upgrades, digital transformation, remediations, migrations etc.
- The successful candidate will build a specialist end-to-end process and business knowledge across the assigned workstream to effectively business partner with Process & Business stakeholders in transformation of control framework in their respective area.
- Financial Controls Design Advisor will apply high quality standards of Control Design Change Management Process, risk-based mindset and end-to-end perspective to ensure that design effective Financial Control Framework is maintained, and controls are fit-for-purpose. Design & deploy of financial controls will involve good understanding of IT technical aspects of Application Embedded Controls and interdependencies with IT Controls Framework, as well as continuous learning of emerging digital technologies used by the Process / Business.
- Financial Control Design Advisor will support Finance Operations assurance activities related to the annual SOX lifecycle, including among others Risk & Controls Identification, SOX sign-offs, Process as well as Internal & External Audit (LoD3) queries, deficiency evaluations and ensuring high data quality in the Global Control Repository tool.
- Meeting deadlines – ensuring that support is provided in a timely manner to support key project delivery deadlines and ad hoc initiatives such as query resolution resulting from controls testing and internal / external audits.
- End-to-end risk management - ability to articulate risk and assess risks through the whole transaction flow and create that as a natural mindset within the team.
- Digital Risk Management – ability to continuously learn new digital technologies emerging across assigned process / business areas and provide digital risk assurance / advisory to the key stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will be a qualified Accountant / Auditor or studying towards their professional exams (e.g. CIMA / ACCA / Certified Internal Auditor / Certified Information Systems Auditor or equivalent).
Required previous professional experience:
- Finance professional with previous experience within the Accountancy / Audit Profession, Risk & Assurance, Internal Audit. Experience in IT risk, systems and digital tools would be a plus.
- Successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate strong stakeholder engagement, effective communication and influencing skills, a track record of managing change projects, delivering value add and learning new technologies.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.