Business Risk Services - Manager
The Grant Thornton Business Risk Services (BRS) Corporate team is currently seeking a driven and self-motivated Manager from a professional services background. This candidate should be comfortable in delivering across product lines and client sectors.
The BRS Corporate team delivers a variety of services to our clients’ who are based in the life sciences, food/ agriculture, construction, industrial, technology, multi-national and public sectors.
Our Risk Advisory and Assurance services include:
- Risk Consulting
- Internal Audit
- SOC 1, SOC 2
- IT Risk Advisory & Assurance
- Internal Control Advisory
- Contract Risk & Assurance
- Third Party Risk Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Corporate Governance
- Compliance Assurance & Advisory
The successful candidate should have experience in delivering assignments in one or more of the following areas: ERM, internal audit, contract assurance, SOC assurance and governance and compliance at a management level.
The role provides strong candidates with the opportunity to become a key member of the management team and play a role in the continued and successful growth of the business unit whilst working closely with colleagues throughout the firm in a rapidly growing area of the business.
This role will be attractive to individuals who can rise to a challenge, who are adaptable and enjoy working in a dynamic environment. The role offers highly attractive career development and progression opportunities.
- Oversee client project delivery and practice management requirements.
- Deliver risk, compliance and control assurance assignments to corporate clients using proven project management and subject matter expertise skills.
- Provide ERM risk management, internal audit and SOC advice and expertise to clients, in a consulting capacity or as part of an outsourced or co-sourced arrangement.
- As required act as the lead for fieldwork assignments involving multiple team members and client deliverables.
- Support pursuance of business development opportunities via personal network and firm-wide client relationships.
- Work closely with client management, up to and including board-level directors.
- Prepare detailed reports outlining project deliverables and where relevant professional recommendations.
- Assist the management team in strategic business development activities, including identifying client needs, opportunities and working on proposals for new business.
- Coordinate and support team and personnel management needs of the business.
Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience in specialist risk advisory or control assurance delivery within professional services.
- ERM, operational risk and/ or internal audit experience in a risk advisory, control assurance or compliance monitoring role in industry.
- Qualification relevant to risk management, regulatory compliance, internal audit, accounting, consulting, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIA, PIIA, MIIA, PMP, Six Sigma, etc.
- Strong client relationship management skills.
- Exposure to the life science, food/ agri technology, large private, multinational sectors.
- Strong project management skills, issue resolution and the ability to plan and manage local and global project teams.
- A strong team player who is also prepared to lead.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven business development skills.
If you feel you have the relevant experience to embrace this exciting opportunity and you are seeking a dynamic role in a professional services organisation that continues to grow at pace then apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.