APME Corporate Functions Lead
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role will have a strategic participation in shaping up business strategies and to execute on transformation initiatives in the areas of operational accounting, financial process improvement, supply chain, contract management or any other corporate functional areas.
We are looking for someone that has direct end-market cross- functional experience in Corporate Functions with cross-functional experience in areas like Finance/HR/LEX or global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment combined with project management skills and also has the interest into transforming the function by supporting end-markets and GBS in better executing business strategies, and playing an integral role longer term in building and engaging company’s customer base and creating effective strategies that will promote the long-term growth of our company.
Main areas where the role would be required to have broad functional experience in order to drive the discussions markets and global functions from scope expansion perspective.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- The Corporate Functions Project Manager will champion and drive discussions with end markets on Finance, Human Resources, Legal & External affairs and Procurement.
- Ensure integration with overall project lead – escalating issues impacting delivery and sharing best practices
- Develop strategies to manage transition of functions into GBS minimizing impact on End Market business activities
- Navigate through ambiguity, managing and coordinating multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process and delivering on commitments
- Plan and manage all aspects of transitioning corporate functions into GBS and ensure rapid follow-through and progress against the team’s commitments.
- Create a comprehensive communication strategy to ensure effective communication to stakeholders about strategy, goals, and initiatives to drive delivery of project
- This role will collaborate with peer PMO leaders across GBS to define best practice and harmonize on approach.
- Broadly Understand commercial finance processes – including pricing & excise, marketing spend resource allocation and business case management
- Understand the Integrated Business Planning Management cycle
- Have a broad understanding of legal and corporate social responsibility standards of the Company and support compliance with respective requirements and standards.
- Exhibit leadership when engaging with key stakeholders through behaviours and attitudes which are in line with the Guiding Principles to support, encourage and drive efficiencies and a positive working culture which reinforces the winning mentality and the display of the right leadership.
- Embed a culture of constant focus on people development and growth
- Drive continuous improvement culture within their area & customer service culture within their area
- Ensures that projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines.
- Prepares and monitors team’s and project cost to serve to manage spending within budgets.
- Works with relevant stakeholders to ensure GBS obtains the insights it needs at the quality and granularity it requires for better planning and execution.
- Drives and ensures close working relationships with all Corporate Functions (Finance, Compliance, Procurement, Supply Chain, LEX, IDT, HR, Security, Quality)
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Cross-functional experience in Finance/HR/LEX or global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
- A good understanding and knowledge of relevant BAT finance tools and reporting requirements
- Proven knowledge in Business Process Modeling is considered an advantage
- A good understanding of all corporate functional areas, e.g. would be an advantage