Team Lead - Corporate Finance
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Driving the statutory and management accounting reporting process, verifying the reasonableness of the various financial reports, ad-hoc FI&A requests, and supporting various decision points from the monthly rolling planning (IBPM) process. To do this effectively, a solid understanding of the commercial environment of the end market and curiosity to continue developing this will be essential.Problem solving, communication with a variety of stakeholders, and ability to provide advice on or explain technical concepts will also be regular components of this role.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- End market Finance business partners: Corporate and Commercial Finance team members at the end market, to drive a robust management forecasting and reporting process, provisioning of financial insights, ad-hoc analysis, and facilitating an environment where simplification and continuous improvement are prioritized.
- Local GBS teams: This role works closely with other local GBS Finance teams (including Planning & Reporting and Accounting Services) and will have opportunities to work in cross-functional teams to focus on specific process improvement and/or analysis and insight projects.
- Ensure OTIF completion of month-end close activities, ensuring a robust control environment is always maintained.
- Play a key role in the end market’s monthly bottom-up planning cycle, as well as managing top-down key metric adjustments.
- Submission of the management reporting unit as well as legal entity reporting requirements as per the deadlines and with the frequency set by the IBPM process. This includes preparation, review, and posting of Financial Adjustments, investigating any major variances, reviewing of the reasonableness of the balances, and ensuring IFRS and GMAP have been accurately applied in the financial reports.
- Perform analytical review to ensure the movements vs. previous periods or vs. the previous forecast make sense.
- Provision of ad-hoc financial insight and analysis.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant controls (including SOX) within the scope of the role.
- Understand the functionality, interfaces, and interdependencies of the financial processes and systems. This also includes being able to understand and interpret the application of accounting standards.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to simplify our ways of working and improve efficiency & effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree educated with professional accountancy / finance qualification desirable
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
- SAP (ECC6 and BPC) used extensively in the delivery of this role’s responsibilities.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required, as well as proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience in PowerBI and/or automation tools (e.g. UI Path, Alteryx) would be highly regarded.