Business Controls Analyst
- Completes SOx Design and Operating Effectiveness testing in line with agreed test plans.
- Undertakes Internal Controls advisory and assurance activities and report findings using structured tools and techniques to support the internal control process.
- Provides internal control expertise, advice and guidance and promotes an awareness of risk management and control practices with BAT management.
- Support the development of the overall role of the Business Controls Team as a second line of defence within BAT.
- Perform SOx testing and reporting to SOx Test Manager to agreed timelines.
- Communicate issues noted from SOx testing to key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Support Control Owners to develop remediation plans and address issues in a timely manner.
- Track and report on outstanding actions relating to SOx findings.
- Ensuring all work is fully documented in line with the BCT Methodology and the SOx Testing process, reflecting current good practice in internal controls.
- Certain elements of Controls Advisory and Assurance work will need to be completed in line with Audit Standards to enable reliance from External Audit.
- Support and participate in the delivery of training to Control Operators and Owners to support the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting across the Group.
- To assist in the delivery of the Three Lines of Defence model within the BAT Internal Controls Framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree educated with relevant professional Internal Controls qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent, CIA, IIA, CISA).
- 2-3 years, risk internal controls or audit experience with significant accounting firm or corporate industry experience.
- Experience in global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment.
- An understanding of the tobacco business is preferred.
- Good knowledge of internal controls practices, principles and procedures and corporate governance requirements for a global Group, including Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICoFR).
- Understanding of Risk Management and Internal Controls best practices.
- Experience of one or more of BAT’s core business functions, including operations, marketing, finance and IT.
- Knowledge of SOx best practice, testing and reporting approaches.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate control issues, risk, impact and recommendations to management.
- Experience in internal or external audit, or other SOx testing of business processes, and able to identify control gaps and provide recommendation to address the issue.
- Knowledge of BAT’s Internal Audit approach, including testing and reporting practices, and how it can be applied to Business Controls work is preferred.