Assistant Manager, Tax Compliance and Oversight
Assistant Manager - Tax Compliance & Oversight Leeds £ Competitive Overview: We have an exciting new role for an Assistant Manager, Tax Compliance & Oversight to work in a growing team in Leeds. You will undertake a tax compliance and oversight role for a range of fund vehicles. Working alongside a newly appointed manager, you will work together to build a portfolio of clients and enhance your technical knowledge at the same time. This is an ideal first move from practice into industry. Previous financial services experience is not required, training will be provided by the wider team - come and learn something new! Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities:
- Support the Manager in providing a tax compliance and reporting offering for a portfolio of Investment Trust Companies. This will include annual and quarterly tax reporting, tax provisions for the interim and financial statements and ensuring tax payments are calculated and paid on a timely ;
- Develop relationships with your peers at each client to build trust and develop a strong understanding of each businesses' requirements.
- Work alongside the wider Tax Team and Operational Oversight to oversee the tax compliance activities of our service providers.
- Other work as directed by your Manager and the Head of Tax.
- ICAEW or CTA qualified (part qualified applicants will also be considered)
- Tax compliance experience in a Top 10 professional services firm or comparable experience in-house.
- Strong tax technical skills including a good understanding of the corporate interest restriction rules, capital allowances and transfer ;
- Previous financial services or international tax experience an advantage, but not essential.
- An ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Attention to detail is essential in this role.
- Excellent IT skills