Sr Advisor, Global Operation Financial Planning & Analysis - Opex Controller
World-leading approaches in finance are fundamental to our success. Our Financial Analysis team has a broad and important responsibility. We rely on our analysts to develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for planning and control. Their technical analysis of present and future financial performance informs all kinds of management decisions and strategies. And their research has an impact on everything from acquisitions and investments to customer deals, working capital requirements and forecasting.
Join us as a Financial Sr Advisor on our Finance team in Penang to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact. This Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) role is responsible for analyzing and reporting Supply Chain costs including global factory and fixed overhead spend. The individual will play a key role in partnering with ops and finance controllers to drive productivity and execute financial outlooks, plan, and close process.
The Opex Controller role is responsible for reporting and analyzing budgets for the Global Operations Leadership team. The individual will play a key role in communicating and interacting with supply chain leadership around financial outlooks and actual quarterly performance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Headcount controller and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) support for assigned operations function
- Manage the quarterly Outlook and Quarter end reporting cycles
- Manage the financial governance of all budget controls requests
- Present the financials results to Global Operations leadership and act as the key finance contact for the assigned business partner
- Drive continuous process improvements to streamline reporting/communication and provide better visibility to our financial performance with clear linkage to the Profit & Loss (P&L)
- Act as an advisor to the business proactively analyzing potential financials risks/gaps and work with partners to mitigate
- Master’s degree in Business ,Finance or Accounting; CPA or CIA qualification preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Audit, Controls & Compliance, Finance, Accounting or related fields.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Office, Visio
- Previous Excel modeling and FP&A experience preferred
- Drive for Results – Deliver on commitments in a timely manner; proactively work on process improvements and understanding the business.
- Change management – Ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment and challenge status quo. Initiate elimination of non-value-add activities.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills a must (verbal, written and presentations). Must have ability to articulate the key message and drive decisions.
- Must possess strong business acumen and work well in a team setting
- Previous experience with Financial reporting & systems preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the analytical acumen to influence significant decisions across a global business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.