Manager, Controlling Partner
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
- Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
- Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
- Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Regional Controlling Business Partner Asia Pacific
The position holder is part of the Global Controlling team and acts as the Controlling Partner for the APAC leadership team of our Global Business Services unit. In that role the Controlling business partner leads a virtual team of controllers consulting the APAC Business Services leadership team as the focal point for all controlling matters.
Controlling Business Partner:
- You will act as primary interface for Controlling Services globally within Global Business Services, managing executive stakeholders (SVP, VP and Director level) across Asia Pacific
- Your ability to communicate across management levels with executive presence, clearly and concisely to drive performance and results will serve you well in providing transparency to the Asia Pacific Senior Vice President and 10 Vice Presidents on all topics related to controlling, from planning, to reporting and financial performance
- Demonstrating your broad knowledge of the service areas of the new Global Business Services unit service and the Asia Pacific region, you will participate in and support the design, development, execution and maintenance of streamlined and coordinated global processes related to:
- Operational and strategic planning
- Financial Reporting
- Regular Forecasting and Reporting
- Interaction model and partnering activities with the Asia Pacific Leadership Team
- Financial KPI monitoring
- Maintenance of sound internal controls
- Applying your financial acumen you will be responsible for the planning and financial performance of GB region Asia Pacific (170 M EUR+ in annual spend)
- Working with a high degree of solution and consulting orientation, you will identify business and executive needs and translate into clear in-depth analysis requests to support strategic decision-making and develop financial insights for the Asia Pacific region that can be scaled to the whole GB function
- Successfully engaging across the organization, you will motivate, challenge and lead without authority across teams to deliver consistent high performance across the GB/C organization
Additional responsibilities for Regional Controlling Partners
- Exercising your proven leadership experience, you will execute disciplinary leadership over Controlling colleagues in the Controlling unit of Global Business Services at in the Service Hub in Kuala Lumpur
- You will be a significant player in driving the change management efforts and operationalization of the new target structure and operating model across the Asia Pacific region
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields and/or recognized professional accounting certification or any other equivalent qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA or MIA)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Finance and/or Controlling and/or Management Accounting with relevant and proven leadership experience
- Experience in reputed multinational corporations required
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills in fluent English with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving thinking
- Initiative, pro-active, self-motivated
- Good knowledge and understanding of budgeting, planning, reporting processes, IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), Controlling methods
- Experience working with SAP BW applications, MS Office & SAP FI/CO is preferred
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
Stay alert for possible recruitment fraud!
This can include fake websites, fake job offers, or contact from a person falsely claiming to represent BASF.
Remember, neither BASF nor our representatives will ever request money from a job candidate.
If you suspect recruitment fraud and BASF is mentioned, first get in touch with HR team at BASF.
A unique total offer: you@BASF
At BASF you get more than just compensation. Our total offer includes a wide range of elements you need to be your best in every stage of your life. That’s what we call you@BASF.