Consulting, Finance & Accounting - Senior Consultant (Doha)
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
You will be working within the Finance & Accounting Consulting team, which provides advisory services focused on the CFO agenda. The team works across a broad range of industries and delivers projects throughout the Middle East region. The work we typically undertake includes:
- Accounting Advisory - IPSAS
- Systems Design (GFMIS, ERP, Solutions)
- Costing and Revenue Diversification
- Data analytics and visualization
As a competency, you will support multiple Industry Verticals. However, we expect you to bring expertise in Government and Public Sector, Financial Sector, or Oil and Gas.
- Proactively lead the practice by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Responsible for providing Accounting Advices; IPSAS cash to accrual conversion, IFRS Accounting Advices.
- Responsible for Budgeting activities including budget reform, ceiling, preparation, execution and monitoring.
- Responsible for Costing, spending review, cost optimisation and Revenue Enhancement & Diversification
- Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalize on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
- Responsible for a majority of day to day client communications
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Responsibility for management of engagement financials
- Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Technology
- Masters or MBA - Finance and/or Technology (preferable)
- CPA, CMA, ACCA, or any other related professional certificate
Years of Experience
- 2- years of experience in a similar industry / role within professional services/external consulting
- Based in and willing to live/relocate into Doha is a MUST
- Fluent communication in Arabic and English is mandatory
- Experience in conducting Finance & Accounting assessments and opportunity funneling for pilots
- Experience in designing operating models, governance and communication frameworks within Finance Function
- Good understanding of change management and coaching needs to adopt in client environments
- Passionate, team player and fast learn
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.