Manager Financial Risk and Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy.
Wealth Management Finance (WMF) supports the Wealth Management (WM) Senior Leadership Team to manage and grow the business.
WM comprises CommInsure, Aligned Advice and Colonial First State. WM provides financial advice, superannuation and investment administration and asset management services for over $200 billion in assets globally and insures millions of Australians.
The major function of this role is to implement, perform and improve financial calculation and payment processes across a range of entities in Wealth Management with a key focus on the CFS businesses. At times, this will include leading or be involved in the delivery of key initiatives linked to operational improvements.
Do work that matters
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare, supervise and deliver fee, rebate and other payment processes including reporting and invoicing
- Update and maintain calculation models with a priority to automate and streamline existing process
- Oversee simplification of other operational activities, including cash management and systems administration
- Manage and/or contribute to projects encompassing productivity improvements, system changes and other ad hoc initiatives and tasks.
- Provide guidance and development to financial analysts within the team promoting efficient and high quality outputs.
- Manage the processes effectively to ensure contract specifications are complied with
- Actively contribute to setting stretch targets for yourself and the wider team, coaching and mentoring team members to achieve exceptional results
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline – finance / business / actuarial
- Professional qualifications in a relevant discipline (CA, CPA, FIAA or equivalent)
- Background in financial services
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including familiarity with data and modelling
- Excellent PC skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, VBA, Access)
- Strong productivity mindset to drive continuous improvement through streamlining models and processes
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills
- Advanced written/oral communication skills
- Self-motivated individual who displays a “can-do” pro-active style and desire to provide excellent service to customers
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 30/07/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.