Assistant Manager, Group Reporting
Get to know our Team
The Group reporting team is a longstanding team responsible for all statutory reporting for the ultimate and sub- group of companies. You will ensure timely and accurate preparation of group reporting in accordance with regulatory, IFRS and US GAAP requirement. We make an impact by minimizing risk in response to changes in accounting standards, regulations coupled with driving better decisions making for the stakeholders. If you are looking for a fast pace company that is undergoing exponentially expansion with complex reporting requirements, then you should join our team.
Get to know the Role
We are looking for an Assistant Finance Manager – Group Reporting. This role will be reporting to the Finance Manager based in Malaysia. You will be responsible to assist the finance manager for statutory group reporting with compliance with local regulations, IFRS and US GAAP. On top of which, you will be a key driver for ad-hoc strategic projects for business expansion. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment in expanding company, while also having an eye for the nuances!
Monthly Group Reporting
- Support the finance manager on the consolidation of Group Financials in accordance with IFRS and Group Financial Statements.
- Overseeing the elimination of transactions and balances, which include but are not limited to the preparation of intercompany matrix and work closely with country finance teams on reconciliation of variances.
- Assist in variance analysis of financial results and providing meaningful commentary.
- Assist and support country finance manager on any accounting inquiries raised and determine the appropriate accounting treatment based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as well as local requirements.
Yearly Group Financial Audit
- Preparation of audit schedules, handle audit request and work closely with auditors and country finance teams to ensure audit reports for all subsidiaries and group level are issued timely and accurately.
- Assist in preparation of all group financial statements and group disclosure notes schedules.
Quarterly / Ad-hoc Reporting
- Assist in preparation of monthly group financials for investors and quarterly group financials for board meetings
- Support and assist on any M&A investors queries and requirements in terms of the group financial
- Provide support and coordination for finance / accounting system implementation, clean-up and enhancement projects.
- Provide relevant feedback on accounting impact/treatment on current accounting practice, new marketing strategy and new business venture for different business vertical.
- Perform assessment and determine the accounting implication on any group restructuring exercise
- Participate in the valuation of intangible assets and fair value of tangible assets and liabilities acquired and participate in policy research issues where necessary
- In charge of any ad hoc assignment given.
The Must Haves
- You have the Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility required to work at Grab
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of IFRS and group consolidation, and experience in statutory and tax compliance
- Ability to work in unstructured, fast pace and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills, hands-on, and good initiative to learn on accounting systems and business models
- Strong willingness to learn and grow with the company
- Proficient in MS office skills
- Proficient in Oracle ERP and FCCS would be an added advantage
- Prior experience with one of the big four audit firms or a high-growth start-up
- Knowledge of US GAAP is an added advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.