Manager, Tax, Private Client - Thames Valley
We are Crowe U.K. LLP - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Our office, in Thames Valley, is part of our eight-office network that offers national coverage. As part of Crowe Global, we work with organisations in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Our aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Everything about us: our structure, our training, our people, and our personal and professional success criteria, is driven by this goal.
The Private Client team provides tax compliance and advisory services to a diverse range of clients, including owner managed businesses, partners, Trusts and high net worth individuals.
The Tax team are looking for a Private Client Manager to join their exciting and growing department. This is a key role within the Private Client department, where you will be required to provide technical support and excellent client service, including managing a portfolio of key clients.
Your role will also involve taking leadership within the Manager team and with team members, and you should be able to successfully deal, credibly and professionally, with high net worth clients and other professional advisers. As such, excellent technical skills are crucial. Equally crucial will be your ability to impart complex tax technical information to non-experts. Part of your role will be to mentor more junior staff and help them to develop their skills and providing technical training where needed.
- ATT and/or CTA qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in the professional and private client sector, particularly in advisory services.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- A passion for client service.
- Display energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe’s capability to support our clients.
- Acting as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Delivering work to the highest quality.
- The ability to work well in a team, to understand others points of view and constructively take on board any points made, whilst at the same time suggesting possible ideas for consideration.
- The ability to gather relevant information, notice relationships between different pieces of information, and generate effective solutions to practical problems.
- Effectively manage the compliance process with appropriate consideration of taxation issues and technical matters.
- Ability to assist with tax advisory projects – from being involved in business development strategies, assisting the Partner with new leads to preparing or managing the advice preparation and where appropriate, review tax advisory work.
Your line management: responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect. Helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching junior members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Be actively involved in the training/coaching of junior members of the team by involvement in all aspects of tax compliance and advisory work and proper feedback.
- Be a line manager for junior members of the team.
- Participating in office, service line and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Tax advisory services:
- Providing clients with tax planning opportunities, proactively as well as reactively, both in the UK and where required, work with overseas advisors.
- Preparation or where straightforward manage the delegation to the team of the advisory work.
- Review of the tax advice for partner approval.
- Liaising with clients in order to prepare, review and deliver rounded tax advisory work.
- Tax compliance services
- Management of the personal tax relationship of the individuals on your client portfolio. The portfolio is expected to be of the more complex clients within the team.
- Managing and overseeing the personal tax compliance cycle for your portfolio (including tax computations, returns and payments) and liaison with the client and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Delegation of preparatory aspects of personal tax work to junior members of the team and review of their work.
- Liaison with other agents and third parties such as investment managers, stockbrokers and banks where necessary.
- Set up and run meetings with clients to discuss their tax affairs and tax planning opportunities.
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs’ enquiries into tax returns on client portfolio and other clients as appropriate.
- Billing responsibility for all tax work on client portfolio. Balancing the requirement to maximise recovery and manage client expectations.
- Preparation of budgets as appropriate for taxation compliance and advisory work on client portfolio.
- Actively communicate with clients on a regular basis and discuss tax changes that may affect their circumstances
- Active liaison with Partners to raise awareness of changes in the business and personal situations of mutual clients.
- Prioritise and organise own work in a manner which is acceptable to all the Partners to which you work with.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business Partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Crowe U.K. LLP is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
Closing Date: 26 May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.