Team Lead - Credit Control
The Team Lead is part of the Asia Operations Credit Control team that is responsible to work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that cash settlements, reconciliations, trade execution and disbursement processing are accurate, timely and compliant.
Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Kuala Lumpur Shared Services Operations Office in Q Sentral:
Team Lead – Credit Control
What can you expect?
- Be a part of a regional operational shared service center
- Interact diverse colleagues and stakeholders from various line of business within MMC
What is in it for you?
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
- Explore opportunities to work on regional and global projects
- Conducive Smart Office work environment
We will count on you to:
- Performing reconciliation of premiums, claims, commissions and fees, including tracking and resolving reconciliation discrepancies & monitoring status of queries with internal and external contacts.
- Review and prepare insurer /customer statement reconciliation while following-up to clear un-identified/un-reconciled items
- Track, monitor, manage and resolving collection and payment specific queries while referring to the appropriate stakeholders (Finance, Ops, Brokers, Management) for query resolution.
- Investigate, discuss and resolve customer accounts/ Insurers/ Reinsurers issues and attend to queries raised by Country Finance, Broker or Underwriters related to outstanding collections.
- Preparing, distributing and/or presenting monthly or bi-monthly reports, including but not limited to DROs / Bad Debts reports including generating, reviewing and issuing account receivable and account payable statements.
- Mentor new hires and ensure they achieve competency in the process while providing support the Team Manager / Manager in cross-skilling and up-skilling initiatives
- Handling escalations and team workload management / distribution
- Adhere to audit sampling guidelines / SOX and policies & procedures as per organization’s standards and laid out SOPs
- To ensure timely delivery based on the agreed standard and productivity in order to meet SLA and Metrics on Accuracy, Productivity and TAT per agreed standards with internal/external stakeholders to ensure the smooth and efficient deliveries
What you need to have:
- A Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Credit Control/ Credit Collections
- Previous experience as Team Lead or SME
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially in Excel
- Good command of spoken and written in English
What makes you stand out:
- Experience supporting shared service operation
- Previous working experience in Insurance / Reinsurance
- Ability to systematically manage and retrieve data
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented to comprehend and summarize appropriate information
- Team player, able to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people with diverse viewpoints and background