Senior Financial Accountant
Our client operates within the highly innovative and lucrative medical devices industry with operations spanning across Asia, Europe, the US and Australia. Locally, they are the market leaders, and with plans to continue their growth at 20% year on year, their story is a great one.
Further, it’s a family environment that values work / life balance and recognises the efforts of its staff.
A period of growth and change has identified the need for a strong Senior Financial Accountant to join the Management team and take the business through the next stage of their development. The role manages 2 staff, and as part of the re-structure, you will have the opportunity to review the team’s strengths and opportunities. In brief your role will be responsible for:
- Management and stewardship of the Finance Team of 2
- Taking ownership of the general ledger for all group companies
- Ensure that adequate systems are in place to provide for the accurate recording and reporting
- Perform group consolidation and reporting for 12 entities
- Taking ownership of the month-end reporting, including the financial commentary
- Management of the AR / AP and Payroll functions to ensure clean processes and staff are completing their tasks on time
- Production of all ad hoc reporting and analysis to assist business in understanding business performance
- Managing both the internal and external audits and preparation of the work papers
- Preparation and lodgment of the annual FBT and tax returns
To be considered for this role, you will need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. This is not a ‘Business as Usual’ style role and the next 18 months will be focused on a number of projects across the business. Experience within a product / medical environment would be of significant advantage as would exposure to Navision. CPA/CA (or similar) qualifications are essential.
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please contact Kent Maxwell at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644 quoting reference 6325 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.