Spend and Workforce Planning Manager
The CTO organization is looking for a highly motivated, self-driven, results oriented person to plan and manage expenses and hold managers accountable to meet the financial obligations of the division.
What you will be responsible for
As Spend and Workforce Planning Manager, the role includes a broad range of activities which require familiarity with State Street’s infrastructure spending as well as a strong background in finance-related activities. A major responsibility of this position will be to act as the primary liaison between IT and Finance to produce accurate budgeting and forecasting for a division with an expense budget of 1.2B. Other responsibilities include monthly management reporting on expenses and capital investments, as well as preparation and/or input into complex business cases (cost/benefit analysis).
- Work with IT Mgt to align business plans and long-term strategies with input into financial systems for budgeting/forecasting
- Understand current financial data center business case and cost allocations
- Develop TCO models across the entire stack to understand workload transformation
- Work in a collaborative environment with IT executive management and finance unit personnel
- Provide oversight by becoming a key source of support and management within the group
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Provide management reporting and metrics to IT Executive Mgt and Finance
- Assist with validating allocations and revising methodologies as needed to ensure fair distribution of expenses across State Street applications and business units
- Prepare business cases (cost/benefit analysis) to support investment decisions
- Participate and drive projects and team initiatives as needed
- Liaise and cultivate relationships with key contacts across various IT divisions, Finance, and Accounting
What we value
The ideal candidate should have the ability to work well with multiple priorities, offer sound analytical skills, and be proficient at preparing data for various management reporting requirements. Success in this position requires: commitment to the team and deliverables, critical thinking skills, sound written and verbal communications skills, ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and high standards for quality of work.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field preferred
- Experience managing a team and driving
- Desired candidate should be able to work on multiple activities with varying degrees of complexity
- Strong analytical skills; comfortable building models and performing ad-hoc analyses
- High degree of attention to detail and proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with internal and external clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable making presentations and presenting results and drivers to senior management
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and think creatively
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; PowerPoint experience a plus
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the role and the team
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.