FID Trading Risk Management – Associate / Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group (ISG) is a remarkably broad and diversified business. We provide institutions with almost every kind of financial product and service across the world's major markets. Whether you are interested in planning complex deals; trading on the moment-to-moment movements of the capital markets; analyzing the financial needs of a company or a wealthy family, Morgan Stanley is the place to be.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader in energy, metals, and agricultural product trading worldwide whose professional’s trade in both physical and derivative commodity risk.
FID Trading Risk Management (“TRM”) is a First Line of Defense function, which is responsible for overseeing FID’s market risk, including market risk resulting from FID’s trading activities. In addition, TRM oversees credit risk arising from extensions of credit to clients through various FID direct lending commitments and from relationship and event loan transactions undertaken by the Firm’s Global Capital Markets group. As part of the FID division, the TRM function identifies, assesses, and oversees the risk positions within Fixed Income and ensures risk positions are in line with risk appetite of the division and the firm. The TRM team is looking for a strategic and highly motivated professional to join.
The role of the function includes (but not limited to):
- Monitoring of FID P&L and risk positions, escalating / informing FID Senior Management as appropriate.
- Monitoring risk in conjunction with various risk stripes within Firm Risk Management (“FRM”).
- Establishing FID level market risk limits, limit definitions, monitoring, and enforcing FID owned limit excesses.
- Allocating and monitoring market risk limits and definitions set by Market Risk Management (“MRD”).
- Escalating market and credit (lending) limit excessions and approving limit changes.
Tasks on a daily basis of the team include (but are not limited to):
- Close communication with trading desks and active monitoring of trading/risk activity and PnL events
- Follow financial markets and products, explain and analyze desk pnl and risk positions in details.
- Informing FID management of Risk and PnL performance.
- Liaison and collaboration with second line of defense (risk department) of the firm
- Working with Strats and IT functions to enhance risk representation and PnL attribution.
- Understand the relevant systems, risk measures, and controls utilized within AOR (including maintain relevant knowledge of IT systems).
The candidate must be able to analyze risk positions and P&L performances and need to be well versed with financial markets and financial products. Central to the role will be analytical and numerical skills, financial knowledge and commercial acumen.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.