Law Firm Accountant/Bookkeeper
Summary: Growing and Fast–Paced Downtown Indianapolis Law Firm seeks qualified candidates to manage all financial duties, bookkeeping duties, and payroll.
This position reports to the firm owner.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
1. Must have at least 4+ years bookkeeping experience as a full–charge bookkeeper with responsibilities including client billing in a law or professional service firm environment. Bachelor's degree and previous law firm experience preferred.
2. Must have successfully completed coursework in bookkeeping/accounting. An associate degree in bookkeeping/accounting is required.
3. Must have experience with law firm billing or other professional service firm (PC Law, TimeSlips or appropriate software that the firm is using) and accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks) as well as Microsoft Office Products.
4. Must possess strong attention to detail, administrative and organizational skills.
5. Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
6. Professional appearance and manner.
1. Perform all bookkeeping functions including but not limited to accounts payable, client costs advanced, credit card reconciliation, financial and tax reporting, general ledger, trust accounting.
2. Performs all client billing functions and other accounts receivable functions.
3. Pay vendor bills and manage accounts payable.
4. Perform all data entry of receipts and client costs in billing and accounting systems.
5. Perform all data entry of receipts and disbursements for the IOLTA trust account in the accounting systems.
6. Process credit card transactions.
7. Reconcile bank statements.
8. Work up and make bank deposits for the operating and IOLTA accounts.
9. Handle payroll.
10. Handle Insurance Vendors.
11. Provide all required financial reports to the firm owner on a monthly basis.
12. Coordination with the firm's accountants.
13. Management and oversight of the billing and accounting systems.