Senior Statutory Accounting Manager
Senior Statutory Accounting Manager
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Senior Statutory Accounting Manager on our Finance team in Malaysia.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Statutory Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring high quality financial statement for APJ entities are provided to key stakeholders ( legal entities' Board of directors, General Managers, External Auditors, Global Tax and Global Legal etc) within the specified deadlines to enable Dell to meet the statutory filing requirements and monitor the statutory compliance. You will work with closely statutory accountants, external auditors, tax, legal departments and all cross functional accounting and finance organizations.
- Govern the APJ statutory audit end to end processes (audit planning, execution & finalization) to ensure on time statutory filing.
- Improve the statutory governance processes by developing the right audit engagement model with auditors, directors, country managers and country accountants; set up/execute control processes to ensure statutory compliance
- Keep up-to-date on the progress of business transformation and engagement in the projects to ensure statutory compliance.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with business partners (auditors, Corporate tax, Finance and accounting functional team, Legal etc.).
- Develop and maintain excellent local GAAP knowledge for APJ legal entities, being the subject matter expert to provide the guidance to statutory accountants.
- Managing audit fees within budget and looking for audit fee reduction opportunities by improving the financial statement preparation qualities.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Degree in Finance Accounting or professional qualification in Accounting
- Working experience of 8-10 years, preferably in a MNC or Big 4 Audit firms
- In-depth knowledge and experience of US GAAP & IFRS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability in driving transformation and collaborative approach to problem solving
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.