Business Intelligence Reporting Business Analyst, Officer-1
Business Intelligence Reporting Business Analyst, Officer
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of ‘alpha’ to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Officer you will
- Analyze business requirements and build or modify simple to complex reports/dashboards in State Street’s proprietary report development platform.
- Develop data and functional requirements and assist in the creation of related estimates
- Participate in information delivery and business intelligence strategy sessions
- Complete data analysis, profiling, and data mappings.
- Interface with data experts, data sourcing resources and assist in the data validation process and Write queries
- Assist in the development the conceptual/logical data models with appropriate business contexts
- Perform data gap analysis on complex financial data
- Create PowerPoint/decks and build up presentation to support marketing materials
- Ensure project activity is customer focused, results oriented, performance driven, and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve performance
- Study, evaluate, and document current and future business processes while staying aligned with strategic goals
- Support user training, documentation, and rollout
- Support overall project management and business strategy related to information delivery and client reporting.
- Maintain effective working relationships with organizational team and clients
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrated excellence in business writing, development of business process flow diagrams, making comparisons regarding current and future processes, and effective communication
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences with excellent facilitation
- Proficient at presentations, creating PowerPoint and decks
- Ability to articulate basic project methodology concepts using either SDLC or Agile
- Ability to analyze entity-relationship diagrams and logical data models to validate design against requirements
- Ability to write complex SQL code for strong data analysis through queries, data profiling, and data validation exercises
- Familiarity with Snowflake – Data analysis, classifications model (integrate Snowflake)
- Familiarity with financial reporting, business intelligence, and data warehousing principles
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, Data Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- 4+ years’ experience in Data Analysis/Client Reporting/Financial Reporting
- Understands BI/reporting tool architecture, functions, and features, understand Tableau or Information Builders is a plus.
- Experience on ESP/RKS/FDR/MCH is a plus
- Experience on Web project is a plus (understand Html/CSS/JS etc.)
- Experience on any development language is a plus (understand Java/C#/python etc.)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.