Global Compliance Testing Manager, Second Vice President
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What you will do
The Compliance Testing (TCOE) Manager supports the Global Compliance Testing (GCT) program by managing a team of testers who execute testing procedures (test scripts) to assess the levels of adherence with laws and regulations, as well as bank compliance processes. This role will work with the regional TCOE and GCT Managers to ensure that review testing can be completed in a timely and accurate manner by the testers available. Conducts performance management and career development processes.
- Manage the scheduling of TCOE testing for reviews in queue in order to ensure timely testing coverage
- Support testers / Provide comprehensive consulting and leadership to team members and partners
- Aid TCOE Partners with follow-up on issues as necessary
- Review test work performed in the TCOE for quality assurance
- Interact with regional GCT Managers on scheduling, technical questions, and potential issues
- Perform testing as time permits
- Manage issue reporting process
- Interact with business partners and internal auditors on regulatory topics as necessary
- Attend relevant training and information sessions to increase knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Set clear and measureable goals and objectives for the testing team and individuals, ensuring performance assessments are completed in line with corporate requirements
- Conduct performance management and career development processes, and provide input for staffing, staff objectives, disciplinary actions and staff training requirements
- Ensure that any apportionment of responsibilities within the team is effective and appropriate
- Encourage an environment of employee participation, teamwork and open communication
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- General knowledge of bank compliance regulations; knowledge of specific topics, e.g. Anti-Money Laundering/Economic Sanctions, GDPR, deposits, etc. is a plus
- Analytical ability to identify and understand compliance issues
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple competing deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple requests, and exhibit a proactive, hands-on approach to problem solving
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff
- A minimum of 7+ years of compliance, risk management, bank auditing, bank examination or equivalent related experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Management experience a plus.
- Relevant certifications or advanced degree a plus.
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.